Marks Corner : Primitive Methodist Church



Click or select any image to enlarge
These inscriptions record the foundation stones located on the lower exterior walls of the building, which is now a private residence.

LAID BY
Mr H. TAYLOR.
OF THORNESS


THIS STONE WAS LAID ON
BEHALF OF THE SABBATH
SCHOOL BY
Mr H. SHEPARD.
SUPERINTENDENT
AUGUST 18TH 1890


LAID BY
MRS JOHN FLUX
OF MARK'S CORNER

The 1891 Census records John Flux, a Market Gardener, with his wife Jane, and 3 children, at Mark's Corner.


LAID FOR
MRS J.H. HARRADINE
OF NEWPORT

The 1891 Census records John H Harradine, Primitive Methodist Minister, with his wife Eliza J, at 25 Carisbrooke Road, Newport.


To the Glory of God
THIS FOUNDATION STONE
WAS LAID BY
G.A. BEAVAN ESQ.
OF WEST COWES
AUGUST 18TH 1890
MINISTERS
REV J.H. HARRADINE & C. CARTER

The 1891 Census records John H Harradine, Primitive Methodist Minister, with his wife Eliza J, at 25 Carisbrooke Road, Newport.

Charles A Carter, Primitive Methodist Minister, is at Selina Cottage, Belle Vue Road, Northwood, West Cowes.


LAID BY
CAPTAIN AND MISS
A.J. CROUCHER.
OF NEWPORT

Credits : all photos and transcriptions by Antony Barton.