Cowes : St Thomas of Canterbury Church
St Thomas of Canterbury Roman Catholic Church in Cowes was built in 1796, under the patronage of Elizabeth Heneage.
These plaques are those visible on the exterior of the Church. Any inside the Church have not been recorded.
Click or select any image to enlarge
IMPENSIS PUSSIMAE MATRONAL
EDIFICATA EST ANNO DOMINI
To the memory of
Blessed Robert Anderton
priests and martyrs
Executed on the Isle of Wight
25th April 1586
Under the Altar repose
Revd. WILLIAM PIERREPOINT
A munificent Benefactor
to this CHAPEL
And for many years the zealous Pastor
of this congregation
He died on the 15th. Febry. 1828
In the 74th Year of his Age.
Requiescat in Pace.
Fryer, William J.
ORATE PRO ANIMA GULIELMI J. FRYER
HUJUS ECCLESIAE OLIM PASTORIS
QUI OBIIT DIE 5 JUNII 1849
PIE JESU DNE. DONA EI REQUIEM AMEN.
Credits : all photos and transcriptions by Geoff Allan